I already mentioned some of this in my last post.
The “highs” of 2018 include:
803.7 miles run
45 yoga sessions (nearly hit my goal of once a week!)
144 days of active run streaking (running at least 1 mile every day, from 8/10 to 12/31, and still going!)
3,000 miles run since my return from maternity leave, 8/26/14 to 10/8/18
13 total races
- 1 destination “race”—the Castaway Cay 5K on our Disney cruise
- 5 new-to-me races:
- 7 repeat races (ran in years past and returned):
- Race totals by distance:
- 8 5K’s (working on speed!)
- 1 4 miler
- 1 5 miler
- 2 half marathons (that both went poorly, hence working on the speed!)
- 1 Spartan sprint
- 1 non-official race ten mile hike
- PR’s (both set during the Turkey Trot)
- 2 mile, 14:38ish (this has disappeared from my Strava ☹ )
- 5K, 22:57
- Other Highs:
- Reading Deena Kastor’s “Let your mind run”
- Reading Brad Hudson’s “Run Faster”
- Discovering a love for trail running!!
- One 1st Place, and 5 Second Place age group awards
- Coming in 21st of 604 ladies in my AG at the Turkey Trot
- A few Lows:
- Spent the first half of the year (or more?) feeling sorry for myself that I wasn’t “fast” like last year. Note to self: Comparison is the thief of joy!
- Plenty of GI distress in the spring.
- You know what? I can’t think of any other low’s off the top of my head. Just some race performances that felt “meh” but I’m over it now, and stronger/wiser about it now.
In all, not my best year, but I do have renewed hope that my best times are still ahead of me. Looking forward to seeing what 2019 has in store!