To summarize our Disney Cruise… we had a blast!
Rather than blog about each day, I am mentioning the best parts (and a few of the not-so-good things!) They’re in no particular order.
P.S. Thank you for teaching us about cruising, Kara W and all my friends who left helpful comments on FB!
Without further ado:
Top 10 cruise memories
- Palo Dinner
- Couples massage… no pics, just absolute bliss!
- Shore excursion in St. Thomas–did a little snorkeling, sunbathing, sailing, and had lobster tacos with beer =) First time in the Virgin Islands!
- Meeting the characters
- Frozen the musical
- Pirate Night
- Naps (with or without kids–we could take the kids to childcare and have time to ourselves with no worries!)
- Castaway Cay 5K–sadly no action pics, but I ran a pretty fast time in the heat (24ish min, and was 2nd female overall–but no awards so it didn’t matter)
- The pool (and the ice cream & snacks near the pool!) I’m actually half-proud, half-sad that I went mostly tech-free during the cruise, so I have no pics of the pool or the snacks. Also worth mentioning: the room service!
- Pin trading–no pics of the actual trading, but had a blast collecting and trading pins with the crew members!
Bottom 5 moments
- Castaway Cay food situation–we had a few hours with no snacks and the lunch area wasn’t open… so yeah, this happened:
- Castaway Cay snorkeling situation–water too cold. Gabe too tired and hungry.
- Castaway Cay water slide situation–water too cold. Gabe tired. Thankfully no longer hungry! Castaway Cay was a rough day for us!
- TMT (too much togetherness—not with my fam, but others on the ship! Just sometimes wanted to get away from everyone, but the only place to really do so was our room)
- Coffee bar situation–I finally went to get a coffee and have a few moments to myself, the last full day of the cruise. There was only one server, the wait was long, and then some old lady cut in front of me and then accuses me of trying to order first! Thankfully she was one of the few rude people I encountered the whole time.
The bottom 5 moments are only mentioned to paint the full picture… it wasn’t all rainbows and sunshine! But we did have a BLAST and had so many wonderful moments!
Have you been on a cruise (Disney or other type)?
What are your fave and least fave memories?
What do you recommend for next time?