May was nearly 4 weeks ago and I haven’t done the run-down… such is my life right now 🙂 May always ends up being busy, with yard work to do, birthdays, our anniversary, and this year, another job change.
May passed by in a flash! I ended my employment with Honda Aircraft the first week. I then took 2 weeks off before starting my new job at VF. In those 2 weeks, I took plenty of time to relax, catch up with friends, manage some household chores that had been ignored, and host my mom and aunt for a few days.
The highlights, in order by date:
- Winning my first trophy at a 5K:
2. Hosting my dear friend KFS after many years apart (We took her to Bistro B sans kids and had an amazing lunch!):
3. Celebrating Mother’s day with hiking, breakfast in bed, a nap, and hugs from my favorite 3 boys:
4. My mom and aunt Lin came down for a few days, which was very fun!
5. After our second set of visitors left, we headed to Maryland to see the boys’ half bro, TJ, for his birthday:
6. Of course, I already mentioned Asher’s 2nd birthday, which we celebrated several times 🙂
7. Our 6th anniversary, where we celebrated at our fave Brazilian restaurant in Greensboro, Leblon’s:
In all, quite a lovely month, and the break was much-needed.
8. Oh, and last but not least… we decided to add to our family! This little love was born 5/2 and we will pick her up in July 🙂 She’s a Weimaraner (good with kids, good for running, doesn’t shed much, highly trainable… we are hoping she’s a wonderful addition to our family!)
Stay tuned for my latest race report! Working on it now 😉