The week in review:
Last Saturday was Valentine’s Day, so J & I got a baby-sitter and headed to a restaurant we went to for Easter Brunch in 2012 and been dying to get back to since, the Old 4th Street Filling Station in Winston-Salem. First we shared a Shock Top beer (similar to Blue Moon) and crab meat wontons–yum! He had Beef Pasta, and I had Creamy Tortellini with shrimp. All of it was amazingly good, but the best part was the “Chocolate Heaven for Two” for dessert…. red velvet cake with chocolate ganache, a chocolate raspberry cheesecake, and chocolate-covered strawberries. Oh. Em. Gee…. so good!
J had to travel for work this week, leaving on Sunday. My first thought upon hearing this “OMG… gonna be a single parent for 6 days?! How will I handle this plus work???” These two look like angels but can be quite a handful at times… especially the 4 year old. Don’t let his innocent face fool you, this kid can be downright devilish. The baby… he’s an angel!
So of course I asked my newly retired Momma to come down and help out. She not only said yes, but her sister came too! I wasn’t lonely, and had two extra adults to help, which was such a blessing! I miss my husband a ton–soooo glad he gets back today! What could have been a crummy week was actually a wonderful week. Having my mom & aunt here was just awesome.
Other good things to happen this week:
- Got out of work early on Monday because of the snow! Gabe made snow angels–so cute!
- Thanks to my SUV & fairly new tires, didn’t have any issue driving in the 1 inch of snow here in NC. After last year’s mess, they actually had salt and snow plows–that certainly helps!
- Mom & Aunt Lin watched the boys when the daycare had shortened hours on Tuesday so I didn’t miss any work
- Mom made me 2 kinds of soup and some lasagna, so I have lunches for the next month or so!
- I hit 100 miles in the 2015 challenge on Tuesday–on track for the goal of 672 miles this year
- Took half day vacation on Wednesday to take Mom & Aunt out to lunch at Southern Roots. Yummmm! I had the seafood gumbo and it was the bomb.com! Mom had Shrimp & Grits (upper left), and Lin had “The Hill” which was a fancy BLT-type sandwich. And we shared some soups, bread, and eggplant fries prior, all of which tasted SO good!
- After stuffing our faces, went to TJ Maxx where I found 2 new outfits for work (at a great price!) and a dress for a wedding next month. Score!
- Then we got pedicures… mine felt divine. Something about soaking your feet and sitting in a massage chair… ahhh, bliss!
- (here I should mention that Gabe got on my last nerve most nights this week… and he bit me one night while we were playing around. Ugh! However, the good things continued….)
- Mom & Aunt Lin made it to the Biltmore on Thursday, had a great time, and picked up some delish Mexican for dinner
- Got our yearly bonuses on Friday $$$
- Asher finally slept an 8 hour stretch Thursday night (after about a month of crappy nights with 2-3 wake ups per night), and last night did a TEN. HOUR. STRETCH. I actually slept 9-5, oh sweet Lord how I am Eternally Grateful for that Eight Hours of Solid Sleep! Please baby Asher, do it from now on! Or at least do it once a week. I was so darn sleep-deprived… but now I feel rested, finally!
- Ran my personal best 5K time today!
- Asher has been napping for 2 hours, and Gabe is being pretty good, watching his shows on the iPad next to me. Allowing me to blog!
- I got a bunch of cute pics this week… here are my faves 🙂 From the flower picture on down, they are unprocessed pics… cuz color-correcting just takes too long. Enjoy!